MEDIA CENTER HANDBOOK
- The media center is open to all students from 7:10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. During the day (except before school and at lunch time), students must have an admit slip, properly completed by a teacher, before entering the media center.
- Students who show appropriate media center behavior will be allowed to come to the media center before school and during lunch without a pass. However, students will still need required teacher notes to access the internet during this time.
- All students must have a parental permission form on file to access the internet, and cannot access the internet without a media representative present. All internet usage must be school related and the student must have a note from the teacher indicating this. Inappropriate use of electronic media could result in disciplinary action.
- Books may be borrowed for two weeks and renewed once unless someone else is waiting for the books. Some reference books are limited to overnight use.
- Students may have up to 2 books checked out at a time; however, no books can be checked out if a student has overdue materials.
- Students are responsible for lost books and will be required to pay for the cost of replacing the book. If the book is found within the school year, the student will receive a full refund.
- No food or drinks in open containers are allowed in the media center.
- Students are invited to turn in requests to the media center specialists for material they would like to have in the media center. The media center is here to help students when they need assistance. Never hesitate to ask for help. The media center is provided for you!